We understand that compensation is critical to the success of your business. In order to address this need, we partner with the Council of Insurance Agents & Brokers to offer a comprehensive compensation survey specifically designed for the insurance brokerage industry.
The Council of Insurance Agents & Brokers (CIAB) has sponsored the Insurance Brokerage Survey for more than ten years, helping us provide detailed information about competitive pay levels for key roles across the major functions within the insurance brokerage industry.
Insurance Brokers Represented
Industry-Specific Compensation Data
This comprehensive survey provides competitive benchmark compensation data for virtually all positions found within the insurance brokerage industry.
Key roles covered in the survey include:
- Account Executive
- Account Management / Customer Service
- Carrier Placements
- Employee Benefit
- Data Analytics
- Finance & Accounting
- General Services
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Licensing Administration
- Loss Control
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- National Practice Group
- Producer Sales
- Secretarial / Administrative Services
Data Critical for Success
We provide data critical to our clients' success. We help our clients:
Track Producer Pay / Production
- Assess the competitiveness of your Producer revenue results
- Assess Producer talent (i.e., Are your top producers really top producers?)
Manage Annual Budgets / Year End Compensation Process
- Manage compensation spending on a functional and business-wide basis
- Project salary budgets and develop accruals for incentives
- Optimize your pay mix (i.e., salary vs. bonus vs. long-term awards)
Drive Recruiting and Retention
- Review strengths and weaknesses of your compensation strategy
- Compare your market position relative to competitive compensation levels
- Define compensation opportunities to chart career paths
To further capture pay distinctions, data is also broken out by the following scoping factors:
- Firm size (by firm revenue)
- Firm type (private vs. public)
- Location (regional & major metro)
Survey Pricing, Access, and Support
Fees for McLagan compensation surveys vary based on size of firm, geographic footprint, and number of incumbents matched.
Survey purchases include 24/7 access to the McLagan Client Portal. This puts survey results and insights in reach at all times.
All survey clients are assigned a dedicated Relationship Manager to provide benchmarking support during the survey input, position and employee level analysis, and access to webinars and roundtables where clients receive the latest in hot topics in the market and networking opportunities with industry peers. We provide a variety of rewards and compensation advisory solutions to assist clients with their compensation, performance, and talent strategies.