Our consultants work with management and compensation committees to provide direction in benchmarking pay and performance for strategic executive compensation programs. We specialize by client type, such as global, national, or U.S. regional to address our clients’ unique needs.
We Partner With Clients
We form strong relationships with our clients to truly understand the challenges that they face.
By maintaining an ongoing dialogue with clients throughout the year and proactively providing updates on industry changes, we provide effective solutions to issues that inevitably arise throughout the year.
Our team works with executives and boards of directors to create rewards programs that are competitive in today’s market for top leadership. We provide recommendations that are informed by real-time market intelligence, a wealth of valuation, tax and accounting expertise, and a firm-wide commitment to tracking compensation-related regulatory developments in the financial services industry. We have a dedicated team focused on helping clients understand and respond to the policies and influence of Institutional Shareholder Services (ISS) and Glass Lewis.
We work with clients to:
- Benchmark Compensation to Customized Peer Groups
- Define Holistic Compensation Strategies Tied to Business Goals
- Design Employee Agreements and Contracts
- Tie Executive Executive and Director Pay to Performance
- Conduct Risk Reviews
Our skilled team also advises executives and boards on regulatory issues impacting compensation and related policies.
Clients Across Structure and Geography
We have one of the largest and most extensive proprietary databases of executive level positions globally. We provide firms with market benchmarks for their critical roles and cover base salary, and short- and long-term incentives compensation data. Our technical analytics, tailored to reflect the true market in which your firm competes for both talent and business, enable you to evaluate performance with reward. Our team works with insurance companies across different capital structures and geographies.
- Mutual Insurance Companies: Incentives for mutual insurance companies should consider the culture and history of the organization, as well as the competitive market for talent. Our team can help identify performance goals that are aligned with the company’s short- and long-term strategies. In addition to tax and accounting considerations and market conditions, a mutual structure will affect the choice of long-term incentive vehicles and vesting terms.
- Publicly Traded Insurance Companies: For both directors and management teams, ensuring that reward programs meet company objectives and reflect current regulatory guidance and best practices is key. Firms will need to ensure that their compensation plans, policies, and procedures will stand up to the scrutiny of public shareholders.
- Regional Insurance Companies: Regionally-focused insurance companies need to understand the competition for both market share and for talent. We can help find that balance using our proprietary survey materials to develop multiple select cuts of comparator companies against which to benchmark total direct compensation.
- Global Insurance Companies: Global carriers must look at the worldwide marketplace for talent, as well as the specific geographies in which they look to compete. Using our understanding of the global market and access to compensation data across the world gives us unparalleled access to non-public data for virtually all jobs in the industry.
Board and Committee Advisory
Our consultants are trusted advisors to compensation and remuneration committees, providing a complete range of board committee advisory services. We back all our recommendations with our extensive global proprietary database of compensation data combined with the knowledge and experience to interpret the data. We understand that data influences decision making, but does not govern it, which gives board committees counsel that is tailored to each firm's unique profile.